The time to show your talent in the kitchen has finally come! Your cruise on MSC Cruises could be the occasion to become a star in the cooking world by participating in MasterChef at Sea.
MSC Cruises increases the list of leisure activities for their guests. MasterChef, the most loved cooking show in the world gets on board with an exclusive formula, Master Chef at Sea.
MasterChef At Sea, when the star is the guest
MasterChef is one of the most famous shows produced by the Endemol Shine group, broadcasted in 60 countries in the world. The result of the partnership with MSC Cruises is a reinterpretation of the show, an entertainment format that will totally captivates you.
Masterchef At Sea links two of the best aspects of MSC Cruises, the high quality of the gastronomy and the top-level shows and entertaining activities. You can participate in the show and not only watch, but also become the protagonist of an event where you can show your competence and your passion at the same time. Plus, the fun starts on board but continues in the following months, when the cruise is just a sweet memory.
Masterchef At Sea debuted last year on board of MSC Splendida and from the end of September 2017 is available also on MSC Meraviglia, MSC Orchestra and MSC Armonia.
The programme will be extended to the whole MSC fleet with this schedule:
- From the end of October 2017 it will be available on MSC Sinfonia, MSC Poesia, MSC Musica.
- From the end of December 2017 on MSC Divina, MSC Opera, MSC Seaside.
- From the end of January 2018 MSC Preziosa, MSC Magnifica, MSC Fantasia.
- From the end of February 2018 MSC Lirica
Masterchef At Sea will the absolute protagonist of 2018 on all the MSC Cruises. Pick your favourite itinerary and sharpen your weapons in the kitchen!
How Masterchef At Sea works
On board of every cruise the challenge to become the MasterChef at Sea champion is open.
La challenge is divided into two phases:
- At first, the guests will have to pass a MasterChef at Sea quiz to test their culinary knowledge
- Who wins will get to the following phase, the Mystery Box Challenge. As in the TV show, the competitors will be divided into couples that will challenge one another by cooking a dish with surprise ingredients. They will be judged by a jury that includes the on board executive chef according to the presentation, the aspect, the taste and the originality of the dish.
Each cruise has its own winner that will have the chance to continue his/her adventure also at the end of the trip.
The winner will receive an exclusive MasterChef kit and, once a year, they will be involved in a final raffle together with all those who have won the challenge on board of all the MSC Cruises ships.
The prizes are:
- First Prize: MasterChef experience Dinner. It’s a special dinner at the winner’s place or in a restaurant, prepared by a MasterChef star. Plus, a collection of 50 exclusive MasterChef recipes to challenge yourself in the preparation of gourmet dishes and the chance of entering the official selection to participate in the TV programme.
- Second Prize: the chance to watch the challenge during the TV show, take part in an episode of the show having dinner in one of the theatre-restaurants of the competition while the competitors will prepare the dishes for the external challenge. Plus, the winner will receive a copy of the MasterChef recipe book.
The entertainment on cruise surprises the guests every season.
Masterchef At Sea is a challenge played at various levels, able to entertain people of all ages. This show demonstrates how the offer of entertaining activities for the cruise guests is always in evolution.
Cruising is the occasion to enjoy more and more captivating, unique and high-quality experiences. MSC Cruises offers renovated, wide and various entertainment programmes with highly-skilled and selected artists. The company associates with international protagonists of the showbiz to reach the highest levels. In 2017 the Cirque du Soleil on MSC Meraviglia offered amazing shows twice a day in a theatre designed for their shows. In December, the Cirque du Soleil will reach the brand new MSC Seaside.