Celebrity Edge, the new flagship of Celebrity Cruises, arrives in the Mediterranean in May. After the inaugural season in the Caribbean, the ship will offer cruises departing from Rome and Barcelona.
And there are at least 10 good reasons to get on board:
- THE DESIGN. It is built in the Chantiers de l’Atlantique of Saint Nazaire. In France, it is the first ship designed entirely in 3D on the computer. It boasts signatures of world-renowned architects and designers, who have ventured into shipping for the first time for a truly innovative approach; among them, Scott Butler – Wilson Butler Architects, Tom Wright, Kelly Hoppen, Jouin Manku and Patricia Urquiola.
- MAGIC CARPET. It’s the spectacular moving platform called Magic Carpet hanging over the sea that makes the profile of Celebrity Edge unique and recognizable miles away. It is a “cantilever” extension of the ship, which can position itself on four different decks and serve as different areas. When it stops on deck 16, it offers a lunch with a breathtaking view of the sea; when it is on deck 14, it becomes a suspended extension of the Resort Deck with swimming pool and solarium; while on deck 5, it offers a wider view of the Japanese restaurant Raw on Five; on deck 2, it is transformed into one of the components of the Destination Gateway, the luxury boarding/landing area that leads directly to the Edge Launches to make excursions more comfortable.
- EDEN. It is the lounge distributed on three decks that changes colors and settings as the day goes by. In the morning, Eden is like a garden where you can practice yoga or enjoy a coffee; in the afternoon, it becomes a lively place full of initiatives, where you can attend cooking shows and performances, attend seminars; in the evening, it changes its face again to experience colorful nightlife, especially in The Tree of Life restaurant, where every guest can enjoy exciting choreographies and experience delicious culinary innovations.
- THE SPA. It is the oasis of well-being on board and occupies about 2 thousand square meters. The Spa is based on the concept of SEA (Sea, Earth, Air). Thanks to the collaboration with leading brands in the wellness field, it offers over 124 different treatments, including zero-gravity wellness massages.
- ROOMS WITH VIEW. The rooms with Infinite Veranda have a solution of continuity with the outside: the balcony becomes an integral part of the room itself thanks to an automatic opening mechanism. With just one click, you can open the window completely and turn the balcony into an open-air veranda overlooking the sea. Going up with comfort (and floor) there are the Iconic Suites, 230 square meters, with the same view as the Commander. The proposal is completed by the Penthouse Suite and the Edge Villa, with windows on two floors, the first of their kind in the fleet.
- GASTRONOMY FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. On Celebrity Edge there are 29 bars, eateries and restaurants of various specialties bearing the signature of the starred chef Cornelius Gallagher. A trip around the world for a varied and quality, creative and traditional culinary offer.
- HI-TECH ENTERTAINMENT. The Theater space has four stages and three giant mobile screens, where the line between spectators and artists is almost non-existent. The protagonist is the main stage leaning towards the public, which has an inclusive and enveloping effect, with a two-way rotating platform that will allow the stage to rise about two meters, spiral staircases, 10 synchronized panoramic screens and 16 latest-generation video laser projectors. There are five new shows on board.
- RESORT DECK. It is an area with an asymmetrical design on deck 14 for leisure time. There is a largest pool in the fleet and two-story whirlpools in the bar area with panoramic views across the bridge and the sea.
- LIVE UNDER THE STARS. In the Rooftop Garden you can choose between live concerts and cinema under the stars. On the top of the ship, there is a large and lively space with comfortable seats and green spaces to listen to live music or to enjoy “A Taste of Film” which is an interactive experience that combines cuisine and great screen.
- PRIVACY. The Retreat is called the most exclusive area of the ship, reserved for passengers staying in the Suite Class，including a private pool, Sundeck Retreat, the Retreat Lounge and an exclusive restaurant. There is a concierge service available at all times of the day.
And if ten reasons listed above are not good enough, Celebrity Cruises proposes an 11th: the Celebrity Edge will cross the Atlantic from Caribbean in May to dedicate the entire summer for the cruises in the Mediterranean with the itineraries between 7 and 11 nights from Rome and Barcelona. For more information in details, please feel free to contact Taoticket and we will be always here for you.