MSC Cruises announced to have new two-week itineraries in the Persian Gulf on board of its latest flagship MSC Bellissima for the 2019/2020 winter season, with Doha in Qatar, as the new boarding port. Sales for these exclusive 14-night itineraries are already open and the first cruise is scheduled for November 28, 2019.
“We constantly strive to enrich our itineraries and offer our guests as many options as possible,” explained Gianni Onorato, CEO of MSC Cruises, “This is why we are pleased to introduce a new 14-night cruise to our offer in Gulf and, with the addition of Doha, in Qatar, we will offer a third port of embarkation in this region. We have also signed a new partnership with Qatar Airways with the aim of offering an even wider choice to satisfy any guest looking for a winter holiday in the sun in an increasingly popular region.”
Thanks to the new partnership with Qatar Airways, in fact, guests will be able to fly from Rome and Milan to Doha with a Fly & Cruise package organized by the airline with five-star services. Upon arrival in the capital of Qatar, guests will have the whole day to explore the fascinating city before embarking.
In recent years, Qatar and its capital Doha have become one of the most important destinations to discover, thanks to an important investment in futuristic structures and attractions. All this, combined with the wealth of historical and cultural elements, attracts around two million tourists a year. Whether it is the charming Doha waterfront Corniche, the Aqua Park Qatar for families, the Arab Museum of Modern Art or the beaches, Doha is the perfect destination to enjoy the winter sun.
The 14-night MSC Bellissima Itineraries
The 14-night cruise route, in addition to the capital of Qatar, includes nine stopovers, including:
- Two overnights in Dubai: with over 35 hours in the port, guests have plenty of time to discover the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world, the glittering shopping malls, the vibrant nightlife and much more.
- Abu Dhabi: with the eclectic mix of modern tourist attractions and some of the world’s most famous cultural sites, such as the Louvre Abu Dhabi, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the Ferrari World Theme Park and the Yas Waterworld.
- Sir Bani Yas: the island just off the coast of Abu Dhabi, an exclusive paradise for guests of MSC Cruises: an oasis on the beach with areas for relaxation, sunbathing and swimming in crystal clear waters.
- Muscat: in Oman, one of the oldest cities in the Middle East with picturesque places like the fish market, the Portuguese fort and, above all, the Souq of Muttrah, to which the mountains are the background.
- Khasab: in Oman, also known as “Top of the Emirates”, is the northernmost city of the Emirates, founded by the Portuguese at the beginning of the 17th century in a strategic position as the best natural harbor in the area.
- Bahrain: a small archipelago located in the Persian Gulf, in the inlet formed by the Qatar peninsula: composed of 33 islands, it is a unique destination, known for its fortresses and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Qal’at al-Bahrain ( fort of Bahrain).
From November to March, MSC Cruises will arrange two ships in the Persian Gulf: MSC Lirica with 11-night or 14-night cruises that will also reach India and MSC Bellissima which, in addition to the new 14-night itineraries, will also offer cruises in the Gulf of the duration of seven nights with boarding in Dubai or Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates).